The following insights are taken from the Google ZMOT Handbook, Ways To Win Shoppers At The Zero Moment Of Truth:
- ZMOT is being universally embraced as the new critical moment for brands
- Today shoppers bounce around in a multi-channel marketplace
- The shopper’s journey looks less funnel like and is more like a flight map
- Shoppers are now self-directed and unpredictable
- Search ties the shopper’s flight map together
- Search is the place where buying research starts and is the place that keeps pushing customers toward conversion
- The ZMOT flight path is full of pull moments. It is less about the push of marketing
- Be consistent with your brand message across TV, tablets and mobile phones and create a great experience on all platforms
- An incredible 208 million tablets will be sold in 2014. Tablet time starts in the evening and sees people toggling between devices
- Don’t solely focus on the brand. Non-brand searches are the one’s who are not thinking about you yet. That is a market that you still need to focus on
- To win big today you need to focus on the customer as a whole. Analyse the customer’s flight path to better understand their digital search habits in and around your brand
- You don’t have one day to win the search battle. You’re in it for the long haul. Once you find a customer, keep the dialogue going with them. Use social media, customer service and ZMOT tools to bring them back
- Help the customer buy with their eyes. Make good use of video.
Get busy creating that great ZMOT entanglement with your customers!